Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whatup Cuz

Thank the heavens (or just whoever's idea it was in the league office) for the NBA Summer League being on NBATV. These are definitely the dog days of summer and we are lucky to get our hoops fix with what's going on in Vegas.




As I watched the game tonight I saw a future star, maybe even a transcendent player in DeMarcus Cousins. The media would have you believe he's crazy and undisiplined, which he very well might be but he is a hell of a player. He's like Chris Webber 2.0. He can handle, shoot with range, board at a high rate and the best thing about his game is his court vision/passing ability. In other words he's a franchise player. I don't see what there is not to like, and he may well be considered the BEST player from the 2010 Draft when it's all said and done (mainly because he's a big). I was unsure at first, I just thought he was beating up on mediocre competition in the SEC, but I always did see the talent.
He should for all intents and purposes be the best Center in the league in 5 years, maybe sooner. I hope to spark discussion with that last statement from the Dwight Howard fans out there. Cousins is WAY more skillful than Dwight was at the same age, so natural progression and hard work (which is the only unknown about Cousins), should put him as the premier center in the L very soon. Howard only trumps Cousins on the defensive end, and in rebounding acumen slightly (I know I'm getting ahead of myself seeing as Cousins has yet to play a meaningful NBA game).
This Kings team will be fun to watch for the next few years until Tyreke and DeMarcus do their Kobe/ Shaq thing which is inevitable.


No comments:

Post a Comment